Savannah has never been a great sleeper. She goes through stages where she will go to bed really easily and sleep all night long. Then all of the sudden she wont go to bed at night and she wont sleep through the night. Some nights I have to get up three times to put her back in her own bed.
Lately this is how she has been. I have to put her to bed in my bed to go to sleep (I don't lay down with her most nights), once she is asleep I put her in her own bed. Most nights she wakes up around 3am and want's back in my bed. So I pick her up and put her back in hers. She doesn't wake up crying or screaming she just walks into my room and tries to climb into be with me. So I know she isn't having bad dreams. When I put her back into her bed she cries for an hour and by the time she goes back to sleep I am wide awake and can't go back to sleep.
Last week she decided she wants to sleep on the couch. So one night I put her back to her bed and after screaming "Mommy Please, Please Mommy" for half an hour she gets up and goes to the couch, and sleeps the rest of the night. The next night when she wakes up she just heads to the couch. We wake up the next morning and she is sound asleep on the couch. The next night she wakes up and comes in to my room, as I am taking her back to her room she says "I sleep couch" so I cave in and put her on the couch. Last night she put herself to bed on the couch and slept there all night long.
So my question is why? Why wont she sleep in her bed? I don't think she is scared of the dark. She doesn't seem to want to just be in bed with us so what is it? If she falls asleep in the car during the day I put her in her bed for a nap and she will sleep in it then. So I am stumped. Also she wont go to sleep before 10pm. Her bed time was 8pm how do I get her back to an earlier bed time?
8/24/10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When we first moved here we were having MAJOR sleep problems with Emily. Our doc. told me to try melatonin (you get chew-able tablets at the health food store). It is something your body makes naturally when its time to sleep. We only had to use .5 mg and gave it to her at 8 every night and scratched her back for a few minutes, then she was off to sleep. We didn't have to use it forever, just until she reestablished good sleep habits.
We also had the same thing with Samantha sleeping on the couch not too long ago! We told her that if she slept in her bed for a week she could get a Tinker Bell blanket. It totally worked.
Sorry your having troubles, that can be so rough! Good luck with finding a resolution!
Post a Comment