7/13/10

Like New

Last week Savannah, my mom and I went to help my little sister redo her kitchen. The above picture is Savannah plum wore out by the end of the week. Okay the pictures are totally out of order. Bellow is the finished floor that we all (including her husband who had to get up at 5am) stayed up until 1am to finish. Only we ran out of planks and had to make a special trip into Pocatello the next day.

I forgot to take pictures of her walls before to compare but they were pink on the bottom with wall paper on the top. This is the final product of much labor. Two shades of green. I gave myself blisters on my thumbs from scraping the wall paper off a tiny section next to the fridge. Just a side note: Flour and water make a really good paste to hold up wall paper. Just don't plan on ever getting it off the wall. Paint over it!!

This is a shot of her floor before. It looks much better now. She better like it because I am not coming back to change it. When we got home Saturday afternoon Savannah and I both took a nap. Then we all slept in until 9 am Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks great! It is always so much work but worth it in the end! It was good to see you guys the other night maybe next time it will be under better circumstances lol!

tara said...

That anomymous was me Tara I don't know why It won't let me put my name!

Ang said...

Sounds like a ton of work! It always feels so good to step back when you're done though and just admire it! Good job!