2/15/10

Couponing

I have decided to try out the couponing thing that everyone is talking about. I have been using coupons a little here and there but I thought it was time to get serious. I hear you can save lots of money and who doesn't like that. So last week I signed up for a coupon class and to get the newspaper. My class isn't until this Saturday so I am not sure if I did well on my couponing adventure today or not. But thought I would share what I did anyways.

Albertsons
Ronzoni Pasta on sale for $1
Ronzoni Pasta on sale for $1
I used a coupon for $1 off two plus I used one of my doubler coupons
for a total of Free

Angel TP on sale for $4.99 with a coupon for .50 and another doubler
for a total of $3.99

6 boxes of cereal for $1.88 each and used coupons for $5
off For a total of $6.28

Tuna was on sale for 4 cans for $2 I had a coupon for $1 off 5 and used my last doubler
for a total of .50 cents
For a grand total of $10.77 with a total savings of $38.19

Rite Aid
Huggies diapers $8.99 plus $2 coupon and $3 rewards
total $3.99

Pull-ups $8.99 plus $3 coupon $3 rewards
Total $2.99

10 4pk light bulbs at $2 each plus 5 coupons equaling $15
off Total $5

3 Olay soap products for $6 each minus $15 rewards
Total $3
Total savings $41

Walgreens
Transaction #1
Pampers easy ups $8.99 plus $1 Catalina printed. I totally messed up here because when I got home I realized I forgot to use my coupon for this. I even looked at it in the store. Arggh!
Total $8.99 total savings $2

Transaction #2
2 Cottonelle fresh wipes $3.99 three coupons totaling $5.50 off
Total $2.48 total savings $5.50

I must say that I think I did pretty good other than having to stop and buy Savvy some new pants because her diaper leaked and her pants were soaked half way through or outing.

2 comments:

Erin Soethe said...

AWESOME Amanda! Other than having to buy new pants, but I'm sure you were a thrifty shopper even doing that!

Unknown said...

Yep they were only $2.75 at a second hand store.